2015 Campaign

Campaigning for the 2015 AZAB Race & Rolex Fastnet Race

Sunday 16 June 2013

Feeling the pressure?

Since the very start of the race Trevor & I have run a rigid watch system. Starting at 6am we do three watches of four hours and from 6pm four watches of three hours. Designed to strike a balance between time in bed and on deck at night, whilst allowing a longer lie in during daylight hours. It's a routine that seems to be working well. Although I was somewhat confused when, half way through my watch, Trevor pokes his weary face out the hatch declaring that it had gone 10 already. A quick glance at the plotter confirmed that the GPS thought it was only 08:25. A second look at Trevor's watch confirmed that it was indeed 1005, millibars that is. "Feeling the pressure, Trev?"

4 comments:

  1. That should be four shifts from 6pm and three from 6am. Not the other way around. Rich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing really great guys. I've been monitoring the tracker since the start several times per day and late at night and it looks to me that you are nailing it. Great job, keep up, getting really close now to be 1st, 1st and 1st!!!!
    Antonio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weel done guys, looking strong in the middle sector. Looking forward to the last sector. As for Watch system it will teach you to put the co-skippers together, after I told Trev about your last encounter on watch system with me :-) I said ' get em up early he takes a while' :-)... Keep going... Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!, well done!
    Antonio

    ReplyDelete