2015 Campaign

Campaigning for the 2015 AZAB Race & Rolex Fastnet Race

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Dream Sleep

As the third night draws in I lie in my bunk drifting off to sleep. The
senses now tuned into the movements and sounds of the boat - the water
kissing the hull as Jangada cuts her wake, the waves dancing off the bow,
even the monotonous creaking of the mainsheet blocks with each roll of the
boat.

And so the sub-concious is allowed to take time off and catch up with filing
those memories. The dream sleep has arrived at last. Vivid because there is
a part of the brain still tuned into the boat.

But wait, pressure has moved from my left buttock to right shoulder, the
waves now slapping at the hull. All hands on deck - the wind has picked up
to 20 knots and time to reef the mainsail. We go straight for the second
reef - this is a marathon and not a sprint so we are cautious.......

.......ten minutes later and I'm ready for my bunk again. Job done. Where
was I with that dream. Ah, yes - Golf Club Membership!!!! Rather late to be
wishing I'd taken up golf?

Richard

1 comment:

  1. Well it payed off and now your in first! However it is still early days so keep up the good work!! xx Sox

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive