2015 Campaign

Campaigning for the 2015 AZAB Race & Rolex Fastnet Race

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Black and white

From thea ge of four years, I have sported a full head of dark brown hair.
Whilst it has become less wavey over the years it has remained the same
colour, only latterly going a little gray at the sides. This I don't mind,
since it gives me a little academic cred and silently rebutts those who
accuse me of dyeing it. In my youth, my beard was the same colour, but this
voyage has given me the opportunity to grow one again for the first time in
over thirty years.
I was horrified to see my image in the miror just now and may as well
confess - I have a severe case of badger-chin. Two white stripes from the
corners of my mouth, down eathier side. It is not a good look.
Though my father's hair is now white, he did not succumb until well into his
60s, but I have no data on beard colour among my antecedents. I do have
photos of past relatives, some with beards and there is no trace of this
two-tone affliction. I wet-shave - perhaps the use of a badger hair shaving
brush has, in some LaMarquian way, induced this change (I watch CSI and know
all about DNA in hair follicles).
Whatever the cause, it is certain that I will be clean-shaven when I step
ashore in America. I do not want to create the wrong impression - they have
skunks there.
Trev

3 comments:

  1. clean shaven with waxed legs, a touch of mascara and rouge and you will keep warm at night mind the knees don't get too sore tho!
    Remember what John and I have taught you and you will do just fine,
    Warwick

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doh, messed up comment...my vote is keep the badger, at least for a photo? George Clooney carries it off. Main worry might be immigration send you back from whenst you came and it doesn't sound like there are enough flapjacks for a return journey.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive